Sunday, March 14, 2010

In my Element!

McConnell's Mills State Park! Pennsylvania!

McConnells Mill State Park, in Lawrence County, encompasses 2,546 acres of the spectacular Slippery Rock Creek Gorge. Created by the draining of glacial lakes thousands of years ago, the gorge has steeps sides and the valley floor is littered with huge boulders. A logging mill was built in the 1800s to harness the power of the water. The park is open from sunrise to sunset, year-round.
March 12, 2010

October 1986

In my Element! Happy! Really that explains my feeling while hiking through the park. I am a fun girl, a happy girl and a girl full of life. I had the opportunity to visit my Aunt Tammy and Uncle Char in PA. 20 minutes from their house is McConnell's Mills State Park! I last visited the park when I was 8 years old. I have a picture of us sitting by the Mill! The spot that we were sitting at was closed off so we couldn't get a picture sitting there, but I was able to at least get a picture of the area itself! Although I don't remember being there, I have the pictures to prove it. lol Aunt Tammy and I spent 4-5 hours there hiking/driving around and I loved every minute of it. Thanks to Aunt Tammy for being my helpful photographer so I could be included in these pics of such a beautiful area. I look forward to my next visit there.

Smile and be Happy!
Mammoth Rocks!
Queen of the mountain!
Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment